Gaining Relief from an Auto Accident Injury
Auto accidents injure millions of people each year. Loss of mobility and chronic pain are often the results of these accidents. The good news is that you do not have to succumb to the idea that your life will now be one of pain and immobility. Skilled chiropractors are helping many victims of auto accidents recover from their injuries and live life pain free. Dr. Tom Molstad of Molstad Chiropractic Clinic in Sioux City, IA, helps auto accidents victims return to a normal life. If you are suffering from an auto accident injury, you may find treatment and relief at our clinic.
Auto Accident Injuries and Chiropractic Treatment
Of course, chiropractors cannot fix or cure all car accident injuries. There are, however, many injured people who would greatly benefit from the treatment of a skilled chiropractor. Here are a few types of auto accident injuries that a chiropractor can provide relief for:
- Whiplash - Whiplash occurs when your head is forced quickly in one direction and then quickly in the opposite direction. This forceful movement causes an over-extension of tendons and ligaments in your neck. This type of injury occurs many times in what may seem the simplest of car accidents.
Symptoms of whiplash:
- Neck stiffness and pain
- Loss of your neck's range of motion
- Tenderness in your upper back, shoulders, or arms
- Numbness in your arms
- Headaches that often start at the base of your head
Treatment: Whiplash treatment from your chiropractor will first involve a complete examination of your spinal column. The force of impact could have dislocated a vertebra in your neck or ruptured a disc. These injuries can put pressure against nerves and cause improper stress on muscles. A dislocated vertebra or ruptured disc can be moved back into proper alignment which will take pressure off of your nerves. Your chiropractor will make sure that your head is sitting correctly on your spinal column. This will make sure that your head is not putting abnormal amounts of stress on your muscles. Massage and physical therapy can help alleviate inflammation and help stretched tendons and ligaments heal. These therapies, along with specialized exercises, will help you regain the range of motion in your neck.
2. Lower Back Injuries - These injuries can cause inflammation, stiffness, and tears in muscle tissue. Any one of the vertebrae along your spinal column can be moved out of alignment. The injury or pressure on a nerve can cause pain and muscle weakness in the back as well as the extremities.
Treatment: The treatment methods used for lower back injuries are similar to the treatment of whiplash. First, it is important to perform a comprehensive examination to locate the source of any pain. Misaligned vertebrae or ruptured discs will be properly repositioned. Massage and physical therapies are used to reduce inflammation and help your muscles to relax. They also help blood flow to the injured areas. This helps and supports your body's natural healing process. Targeted exercises will be used to strengthen the affected muscles and soft tissues.
Visit Us Today for Skilled Chiropractic Treatment
A skilled chiropractor can do much to help alleviate the pain and suffering caused by an auto accident injury. You will receive quality care from the doctors working at Molstad Chiropractic Clinic located in Sioux City, IA. Call us today to set up an appointment for a consultation about your injuries and their effects on your well-being. New patients receive a free consultation.